- Delivery in 12 working days
- Safe materials for children
- Sustainable games for the environment
The Montessorian place mat is a board in which the elements needed to set the table are represented, placed in their correct layout, and the correct nomenclature is also illustrated.
It is a useful aid to help children independently learning to set the table. This gesture is part of the daily practical life activities that are a means of development for the child.
In the 'Children's Houses' Maria Montessori had already foreseen that the little ones would take it in turns to set the table, serve the food and finally clear the table.
Why use a Montessori placemat?
- To help develop independence
- To enable your children to develop practical everyday life skills.
- Children love to be involved in these activities and are rewarded by their work.
-They experience a sense of responsibility.
-It stimulates eye-hand coordination.
- They enrich their skills and learn how to handle dishes.
This activity is proposed from the age of 30 months because sit is important to use real, unbreakable plates and glasses. Even breakages due to small accidents are a source of learning and the consolidation of cause - effect.
But it can also be used with younger children by including the placemat as a habitual mealtime tool.
We handcraft using the best natural wood, each component is carefully polished and sanded.
We use an EN71-certified non-toxic clear paint to avoid any risk to your children.
We recommend the use of a damp cloth for cleaning.
Safety rated for ages 30 months+.
SIZE:: 43 x 33 cm
WEIGHT:: 400 gr
MATERIAL:: Birch wood.